Become an ABLE Advisor!
The ABLE National Resource Center (ANRC) is looking for parents and working-age adults with disabilities to serve as ABLE Advisors for 2019.
As an ABLE Advisor, you'll help define the next generation of ANRC activities. Your experiences and opinions regarding your ABLE account will help inform the ANRC's work for the benefit of other ABLE-eligible individuals and existing ABLE account owners.
The ABLE Advisor program includes monthly update calls with other Advisors across the country and longer calls six times a year to collect information related to:
- Your ongoing experience with your ABLE account
- Innovative education and outreach strategies
- Critical knowledge and skills to successfully open, grow and manage an ABLE account
- Policy development
- Peer-to-peer support strategies
- Resource materials to help individuals and families make informed decisions
- Needed advice from federal agencies
- Other ways the ANRC can continue to provide leadership on ABLE implementation outcomes
At the end of the year, you'll receive a $500 contribution to your ABLE account based on full participation in the ABLE Advisor program. This includes all meetings, regularly scheduled interviews and submission of personal photos used to define the ABLE experience.
Send applications to email@example.com by October 31, 2018. List 2019 ABLE Advisor Application in the subject line. In the body of the email:
- Include a picture of you and your family
- Describe your circle of support
- Describe why you opened an ABLE account and what you hope to accomplish with the account
- List which state ABLE program you signed up for and how long you've been an account owner
- Describe what would make you an excellent ABLE Advisor (What are your strengths? What are your past and current use of ANRC resources?)
- Describe anything else about your background and experiences that would support your selection as an ABLE Advisor
Finalists will be interviewed by ANRC staff and selections made by the end of November.