Skip to content

COVID-19 resources for families topics:


In this section, find COVID-19 resources geared toward families of children with disabilities.

Vaccine safety

Children and youth with specialized health needs and disabilities may be at higher risk for more severe illness from COVID-19, families and caregivers are asked to strongly consider vaccinating children with any underlying health condition or disability. Review this information for caregivers (PDF).

Vaccine eligibility

Every Minnesotan age 6 months and older is eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

PCA Program

NEW! A temporary six-month extension allows parents to be paid to provide PCA program services for their minor child until November 11, 2023.

Contact your child's PCA agency or county/tribal case manager with questions.

Visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services announcement page to learn more about this extension of PCA services.

Extra COVID Emergency SNAP (E-SNAP) ending

The COVID Emergency SNAP allotments will end after February. Most households will get their last payment in March and benefits will return to the standard amount in April.

Read more about these changes at the Minnesota Department of Human Services.

Health care renewals start again

Has your family moved in the past three years or will you be moving soon? If your family has Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare, please update your contact information. It's important so you can be reached when it's time to renew your health insurance.

Visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services to update your contact information.

COVID-19 impacted school and learning for many students. Some students need more support to recover learning and progress towards educational goals. Minnesota schools are offering help to their students.

What is the help available for my child? The type of help varies depending on school districts. Contact your school to learn about what is available. Some schools are offering tutoring, summer programs, extended school days and hours, and other individualized options for children in special education.

How can I find out about what help is being offered? Ask your school special education teacher, special education director or principal about options your school has available. If your child has an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) or Individualized Education Program (IEP), talk to your child's team about additional school help. Check your school's website for additional information.

Who else can help me with this? PACER, The ARC Minnesota, Family Voices.

Where can I find more information about distance learning and disability services for children? See frequently asked questions addressing the impact of the COVID-19 on students with disabilities from the Minnesota Department of Education.