Coronavirus resources

As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, you might have questions about COVID-19 or how it affects people with disabilities. Here’s a collection of helpful resources.


National and state resources

COVID-19 and DHS programs, including email alerts| Minnesota Department of Human Services

Executive Orders from Minnesota Governor Walz | State of Minnesota

Strategies to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Minnesota | Minnesota Department of Health

Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline: 1-800-657-3903

Social Security and coronavirus, including email alerts | Social Security Administration

Medicare and coronavirus |

What you need to know about COVID-19 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Task Force at the White House | White House

Attorney General will enforce order suspending evictions | Attorney General's Office

Renters' rights and court changes during the pandemic | Education for Justice

COVID-19 consumer warnings and safety tips | Federal Communications Commission

CARES Act and Family First Response Act | National Disability Institute


Disability-specific information

5 things to know about coronavirus and people with disabilities | Forbes

Action steps for attendant service users in response to coronavirus | Center for Disability Rights

Coronavirus social narrative | The Autism Educator

COVID-19 information by and for people with disabilities - in English and in Spanish | Self Advocacy Resource and Technical Assistance Center

COVID-19 message from MCD | Minnesota Council on Disability

Disability-specific recommendations for COVID-19 | New Mobility Magazine

Emergency plan for people with disabilities | Minnesota Council on Disability

What older adults and people with disabilities need to know about coronavirus | Administration for Community Living

Special Education and COVID-19 Questions | Minnesota Department of Education

Aid for artists with disabilities | Springboard for the Arts

Worker protections related to COVID-19 | Minnesota Department of Human Rights

Emergency planning tool for individuals with disability | New Hampshire Disability & Public Health Project

Disaster planning toolkit for families (for children with special health needs) | Alaska Department of Health and Social Services


Mental and chemical health

Wellness in the Woods - Peer to Peer Telephone Support: 1-844-739-6369

Crisis Text Line: Text MN to 741741

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

Manage anxiety and stress | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Taking care of your emotional health | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Behavioral health and emergency preparedness | Minnesota Department of Health

Managing coronavirus anxiety | Dr. Robert Naseef

Classes and support groups on Zoom | National Alliance on Mental Illness

Mental health support and COVID-19 | National Alliance on Mental Illness

Online resources for Alcoholics Anonymous | National Online Intergroup Alcoholics Anonymous

Mental health and substance use disorder resources | Fast-Tracker

Virtual support groups: Check out Facebook groups and search using words like "AA" or "mental health".


Shopping and transportation

Suspended overnight service at Metro Transit | Metro Transit

Metro Mobility grocery delivery | Metropolitan Council

Metro Mobility and Metro Transit updates | Metropolitan Council

Shopping options:



Free internet | Internet Essentials from Comcast

Low-cost internet services | everyone on

Lifeline subscribers and the Lifeline program | Federal Communications Commission

Minnesota Energy Assistance Program | Minnesota Department of Commerce

Keep America Connected Pledge - telephone, internet and cell providers | Federal Communications Commission

Utility providers have suspended all utility disconnects. Check with your utility provider for assistance.


Food and nutrition

Food and nutrition resources | Minnesota Department of Education

Where to get a free meal | Hunger Solutions



Childcare providers that serve younger children have been instructed to continue to remain open for frontline and essential workers.

Childcare for essential employees during school closures | State of Minnesota

YMCA childcare | YMCA Minnesota


Stimulus payment, unemployment, student loans and taxes

COVID-19 and unemployment benefits | Minnesota Employment and Economic Development

Tax deadlines and preparation | Minnesota Department of Revenue

Student loan information | Federal Student Aid

Stimulus payment | Internal Revenue Service

Free tax preparation | Minnesota Department of Revenue



Stop the spread of germs | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Symptoms of coronavirus disease 2019 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention



5 things about handwashing (1:17)| Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

6 steps to prevent COVID-19 (1:54) | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Symptoms of coronavirus disease 2019 (0:26)| Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

COVID-19 information | Oregon Office of Developmental Disabilities Services

Chat with a Hub expert

Mon Wed Fri: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tues Thurs: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Call the Hub

Mon Wed Fri: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tues Thurs: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Email the Hub

Emails answered Monday to Friday