Medical Assistance (MA) is a public program that helps with medical costs. MA helps pay for doctor visits, hospital stays, prescription drugs, personal care assistance, medical equipment and other medical services.
If you're thinking about MA, you might wonder:
- Do I qualify? You might qualify for MA based on your income or your disability.
- What does Medical Assistance cover? MA covers essential health benefits, from preventive and emergency care to management of chronic conditions.
- What if I'm working? If you're working, you may be able to get Medical Assistance for Employed Persons with Disabilities (MA-EPD) — no matter how much money you earn.
Medical Assistance (MA): Overview | Disability Benefits 101
MA-EPD estimator | Disability Benefits 101
Medical Assistance for Employed Persons with Disabilities (MA-EPD) | Minnesota Department of Human Services
Paying MA-EPD premiums | Minnesota Department of Human Services
How the Hub can help
The Hub team can help you:
- Understand how MA works
- Apply for MA
- Find health care providers who accept MA
- Understand work incentives related to MA
- Estimate your MA-EPD premium if you worked, or worked more