DHS/DEED Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
The Department of Human Services (DHS) - Disability Services Division (DSD) and the Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) - Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS) and State Services for the Blind (SSB) are working together to create better outcomes for people on Home and Community Based Waivers seeking competitive, integrated employment.
In September 2019, these agencies signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) which lays the framework for their partnership. The MOU works to align their systems and provide employment services in a more coordinated way.
The MOU is just the first step. Over the next year, they will be working closely with their stakeholders to design a system that is easier to understand, implement and navigate.
Interagency Employment First Advisory Committee
- Overview (PDF)
- Committee members
- Jessica Eggert - people who receive services and their families or supports
- Barb Ziemke - people who receive services and their families or supports
- Jillian Nelson - advocacy organization for people with disabilities (Autism Society of Minnesota/The Minnesota Governor's Council on Developmental Disabilities)
- Alicia Munson - advocacy organization for people with disabilities (The Arc Minnesota)
- John Filek - deafblind service provider
- April Ildvad - broader stakeholder community (mental health therapist, brain injury and developmental disabilities specialist)
- Jon Alexander - Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE)
- Tim Dickie - Minnesota Organization for Habilitation and Rehabilitation (MOHR)
- Rita Wiersma - Association of Residential Resources in Minnesota (ARRM)
- Julie Peterschick - VRS Community Partners (CPC), formerly known as VRS Community Rehabilitation Program (CRP) Advisory Committee
- Phyllis Reller - Minnesota Association of County Social Service Administrators (MACSSA), greater Minnesota representative
- Yekaterina (Kate) Probert Fagundes - Minnesota Association of County Social Service Administrators (MACSSA), metro Minnesota representative
- Danielle Mahoney - University of Minnesota's Institute on Community Integration
- Kristina Petronko - Client Assistance Project (CAP), Minnesota Disability Law Center
Professional Input Panel for Employment (PIPEin)
Virtual Insight Panel (VIP) - for people who use VRS/SSB and Waiver programs