As we age, our needs change — and so do our supports. Use the key supports listed below to help your family member balance rights, risks and independence as they get older.
- Use the keyword search option in Facebook to find groups based on your situation. It's important to make decisions based on accurate information, so be sure to ask questions of your health care team, your local human services agency or other reputable sources. The Hub team can help, too.
Networking and support groups
- For casual gatherings, search Meetup by location and keyword to see if a local group already exists — or create your own!
- The Wilder Foundation offers a series of support groups for caregivers. Find mutual support on your caregiving journey.
Resources for older adults
- The Senior LinkAge Line is a free statewide service that supports older Minnesotans and their caregivers by answering common questions and providing connections to local services.
- Live Well at Home helps older Minnesotans thrive by providing programs and resources that support independent living in their own homes.
- The Minnesota Caregiver Resource Guide (PDF) from AARP provides resources for all stages of caregiving, from starting to plan or helping to coordinate a big move to taking care of a family member in your home.