Here's a starter kit of helpful resources for adults with disabilities and their families.
Resources from A to Z
- The Minnesota Council on Disability offers a comprehensive list of resources for people with disabilities. Resources can be browsed alphabetically or by topic.
Assistive technology and independent living
- The System of Technology to Achieve Results (STAR) Program helps Minnesotans with disabilities access the assistive technology they need to live, learn, work and play. The program offers device demos, loans and exchanges.
- Technology for HOME offers person-centered assistive technology consults and technical assistance to help people with disabilities live more independently.
- The Minnesota Association of Centers for Independent Living provides information about local independent living services and links to disability-related information from around the world.
- Volunteering can help your family member gain valuable experience and make connections in the community while learning about their strengths and what they enjoy doing. Check Volunteer Match to find volunteer opportunities.
Behavioral and mental health support