Information is key. Check out these helpful resources for early childhood.
Growth and development
- Learn how to encourage healthy development, track developmental milestones and address any concerns about your child's development at Help Me Grow. The site also offers screening and evaluation to determine if your child is eligible for intervention services.
- If you're pregnant or caring for a child under the age of 8, Help Me Connect shares services and resources in your community that will empower you to be healthy and safe. Many programs may be available on a sliding fee, covered by health insurance or free.
- Download the CDC milestone tracker to track your child's milestones from birth to age 5. Use the app to share results, questions and concerns with your child's doctor.
- The U.S. Department of Education offers a collection of resources for families focused on child development and how to support young children.
- The System of Technology to Achieve Results (STAR) Program helps Minnesotans with disabilities access the assistive technology they need to live, learn, work and play. The program offers assistive technology demos, device loans and exchanges.
- Technology for HOME offers person-centered assistive technology consults and technical assistance to help people with disabilities live more independently.
Behavioral and mental health support