How to talk about work and benefits
Work and benefits can go together! Here's help talking to the people you support about work and benefits.
For example, you might say:
- Yes, you might get less money on your SSI check, but what if you had $60 more to spend each month if you work?
- What would you buy or do with the extra money?
- What if I told you that you can work and still keep health benefits to pay for your medicine and doctor visits?
- Tell me what you might be willing to do.
- Use the Disability Benefits 101 live chat feature to ask some of the person's questions so they hear it from another source.
- Use a benefits planning estimator to show the person what might happen to their bottom line if they go back to work or continue their education.